It directed several preventive, remedial and punitive measures to deal with lynching and mob violence.
- Suggestion of the SC: The SC has suggested measures and given guidelines, for prevention, redressal and punishment of the crime of mob violence.
- For instance, appointment by states of senior police officers as nodal officers in districts,
- identification of vulnerable and sensitive regions and more efficient patrolling of highways in these areas.
- Strengthening legal machinery: The lodging of FIRs without delay, and
- the framing of compensation schemes for victims and their families.
- Designated fast track courts to try the culprits and prompt departmental action against police officers and administrative officials who fail to uphold the law.
- Special law: The court has also recommended that a special law be framed by Parliament, creating a separate offence of lynching.